About the Program
Children’s Media Association (CMA) is the nonprofit community that connects the dots across all corners of the children’s industry. As makers, thinkers, and innovators, we believe that by learning and playing together, we strengthen ourselves, our community, and content for kids. With chapters in New York, LA, and San Francisco, and virtual members around the world, CMA is building the future of our industry.
In keeping with CMA’s mission of “Connecting the dots in the kids’ industry,” CMA is thrilled to offer the 2022 mentorship program dedicated to further helping our members lead, innovate, and shape the future of children’s media! Through this offering, CMA hopes to foster greater connection and opportunity within its membership community as well as in the larger children’s media industry, especially during these times and into the future.
The CMA Mentorship Program…
- Aims to help mentees establish meaningful professional relationships with outstanding children’s media professionals, helping them to grow in their careers and achieve their long-term goals.
- Encourages reciprocal mentorship where it is understood that both mentors and mentees have something invaluable to offer one another regardless if they are an established professional, just beginning their career in children’s media, or anywhere in between.
- Seeks to help diversify the industry by formalizing the process of sharing our community’s wealth of experience with those who can benefit from it, especially those who have not historically been afforded such resources, and thereby bringing more diverse voices to children’s media. Mentoring programs boost promotion and retention rates among women and underrepresented groups from 15% to 38%, and increase minority representation at the management level from 9% to 24.
CMA Mentors 2022
Check out all of our wonderful mentors with expertise across the spectrum of the children’s media industry:
Want to Be a CMA Mentor in 2022?
Apply to be a Mentor in the 2022 Program HERE
- Have an organization in mind that we should partner with for the next round of the CMA Mentorship Program? Email us your suggestion at email@example.com!
- Mentor Application Period: Open now!
- Mentee Application Period: Closed
- Mentorship Program Starts: May 23, 2022
- Mentorship Program Ends: November 21st
The CMA Mentorship Committee
Benjamin Weiner, Mentorship Manager
Karen Martin, Director of National Membership and Mentorship
Coordinators: Shemeka Foster and Rina Jakubowicz
We’re here to help, so if you have any questions, please e-mail us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.