Join the Team
Did you know that the Children’s Media Association (CMA) is an entirely volunteer-run organization. We’re looking for several awesome volunteers to help us and support the national Board as well as our NY, LA, and Bay Area chapters. As all events, meetings, and activities currently are running virtually, we welcome anyone interested in volunteering regardless of location. We want YOU to join CMA!
If interested in any position, please email a little bit about yourself and your related experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Do you have strong organizational skills and want to oversee the organizational endeavors of CMA behind-the-scenes? The Vice President will assist the President as needed in all organizational matters, focusing mainly on operations and will closely support the President in achieving organization-wide goals. The Vice President will run officers’ meetings when the President is absent, and is responsible for reporting back to the President on any urgent matters. The Vice President will attend CMA Programs whenever possible to help support our volunteers, as well as speak to members and potential members about membership.
Do you have strong financial skills and want to be a part of CMA’s growth? Become our next Treasurer! The treasurer works closely with the Board to help set and meet financial goals. Specifically, the Treasurer develops the annual budget, keeps full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements, handles deposits, prepares taxes, and maintains valuable documents for CMA. In addition, the Treasurer tracks and shares our financial status with the board at key CMA meetings, helping to support and guide our dynamic organization.
Do you have strong organizational skills and want to oversee the administrative endeavors of CMA behind-the-scenes? The Secretary will organize all aspects of monthly Board of Officer meetings and semi-annual Board meetings. In addition, the Secretary will monitor and facilitate the voting process for all positions, either online or in person. Furthermore, the secretary will lead the onboarding and offboarding process of all incoming and outgoing CMA volunteers.
The NYC President supervises the general affairs of CMA New York and works closely with
the National President and the NYC Chapter Board of Officers to set and meet
organizational goals. Serving as the face of the NYC Chapter, the President maintains and
leads the development of new chapter programming, mentors/develops the team of
officers and aligns the chapter with the rest of the organization while preserving the
unique needs of the chapter. The NY Chapter President is an integral member of the
National Board as well, serving alongside other Presidents in strategic leadership for the
● Develop chapter-wide goals and objectives
● Coach and manage Chapter Officer Board
● Serve as the face of CMA NYC, communicating our mission, offerings, and
accomplishments to the local community
● Advocate for a rewarding volunteer, member and partner experience in NYC
● Actively engage in partnerships, working closely with National and Chapter
Officers to identify, recruit and meet the needs of event partners
● Oversee the development and approval of chapter budgets
● Track and evaluate chapter performance, communicating progress on CMA’s
program offerings, organizational management and internal infrastructure to the
National President and Board of Directors
● Set the agenda and preside at all meetings of the Chapter Board
● Support and participate in CMA NYC events and activities
Do you have the itch to lead, interfacing with board members and managing initiatives?
The LA Vice President assists the President (and Board!) as needed in all matters, whether organizational, strategic, or creative. They attend events whenever possible both to support the event staff, as well as speak to members and potential members about CMA. The LA VP is also responsible for the planning of the annual volunteer appreciation event.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Do you think strategically about engagement and audience growth through communications, sharing impactful ideas and stories that inspire and call to action?
The LA Director of Marketing leads CMA LA’s promotion and marketing strategies, editorial calendar, and manages the team that creates content for marketing activities in order to grow CMA LA and maintain its brand identity.
Are you an entrepreneurial leader and strategic systems thinker? Does the idea of building a team, creatively tackle questions and challenges, and thinking of ways to reach new audiences all get you excited? Are you based in the Bay Area with networks connecting you to the tech sector and the work it is doing for kids and families? Then you might just be the right person to serve as the Bay Area chapter’s third President!
The chapter President supervises the general affairs of CMA Bay Area and works closely with the National President and the CMA-BA Chapter Board of Officers to set and meet organizational goals. Serving as the face of the CMA BA chapter, the President maintains and leads the development of new chapter programming, local event sponsorships, and the development of the chapter leadership.
- Develop chapter-wide goals and objectives
- Coach and manage Chapter Officer Board
- Serve as the face of CMA-BA, communicating our mission, offerings, and accomplishments to the local community
- Advocate for a rewarding volunteer, member and partner experience in the Bay Area
- Actively engage in fundraising, working closely with National and Chapter Officers to identify, recruit and meet the needs of event partners
- Oversee the development and approval of chapter budgets
- Track and evaluate chapter performance, communicating progress on CMA’s program offerings, organizational management and internal infrastructure to the National President and Board of Directors
- Set the agenda and preside at all meetings of the Chapter Board
- Support and participate in CMA-BA events and activities
Coordinators and Manager Positions
Membership Perks Coordinator
Reporting to and in partnership with the National Director of Membership, the Membership Perks Coordinator will be responsible for helping CMA improve and better serve its members via procuring new perks exclusively for our member base. The Membership Perks Coordinator’s duties include the following:
- Brainstorming and executing ideas for new membership perks
- Forming relationships/partnerships with industry service providers (both internal and external)
- Negotiating discounts/perks with various organizations and events
- Conceiving and organizing “Perk Events” in conjunction with CMA member services, CMA Events Team, other organizations or independently as appropriate
- Posting new perks on the CMA website
- Maintaining and adding to the Industry Events calendar and tracker
- Working with the Membership and Marketing Teams to communicate new offerings to members
- Attend general CMA/Membership department meetings as needed
This position reports to the National Director of Membership. They will manage the mentorship program in its current iteration and develop ongoing mini-mentorships to serve the community year-round. The manager will invite children’s media professionals within CMA and outside of our community to lend their expertise to the program and to reinforce the CMA mission to connect all sectors of children’s media.
- Manage a team of coordinators to assist in running program
- manage database of mentors and mentees including bios and headshots
- maintain and update resource booklet when necessary
Job Board Coordinator
Do you have your finger on the pulse of the LA job market… or want to?
A unique networking opportunity, the LA Job Board Coordinator will research and compile job listings in the LA-area to help our members seek out new opportunities in Children’s Media.
Job Board Coordinator
The Job Board Coordinator assists the Director of Membership in delivering a key member benefit by ensuring the CMA Job Board is current with diverse opportunities. This role focuses on procuring the most exciting and recent job postings in the Bay Area in addition to remote work and is responsible for drafting and uploading job postings on a weekly basis. The Job Board Coordinator also collaborates with the Director of Membership to reach out to local hiring managers to build relationships that keep CMA-BA on the forefront of new job opportunities.
Event Technology Coordinator
Working closely with the Events Director, the Event Technology Coordinator ensures a seamless experience for our event attendees – both those in-person and those live-streaming in from other chapters around the country! Perfect for someone interested in production, or just a fan of technology’s ability to bring us all together, this coordinator will be a key team member for CMA Bay Area as we put on 3 flagship events annually for an in-person Bay Area audience with virtual engagement for those in NYC, LA, or beyond.
General Event Coordinator
This position is a great opportunity for event producers or others interested in putting on 3-5 events annually in partnership with the Events Director. Tasks are varied but could include organizing and managing brainstorming sessions with CMA members to learn their interests for upcoming events; attending monthly National Events Team meetings; coming up with eye-catching titles, vibrant venues, and snappy copy for upcoming events; liaising with experts and special guests for different events; handling set up for in-person event venues and materials; working with the Events Director on post-event followup (thank yous, surveys, etc).
Work closely with the Bay Area Director of Marketing and Communications to (1) develop communications to members (e.g., chapter newsletter, eBlasts, etc.) and (2) amplify National, chapter, and relevant strategic partner and industry news through the chapter’s social media channels. Assist the marketing/communications, events, and membership teams to increase membership engagement and unify the brand experience at all touchpoints of the brand. Remain abreast of CMA and CMA Bay Area operations by participating in relevant discussions on the various Slack channels to which you’ll have access. Learn and have fun!
As all events, meetings, and activities currently are running virtually we welcome anyone interested in volunteering regardless of location. If interested in any position, please email a little bit about yourself and your related experience to: email@example.com. Thank you!