Join the Team
Did you know that the Children’s Media Association (CMA) is an entirely volunteer-run organization. We’re looking for several awesome volunteers to help us and support the national Board as well as our NY, LA, and Bay Area chapters. As all events, meetings, and activities currently are running virtually, we welcome anyone interested in volunteering regardless of location. We want YOU to join CMA!
If interested in any position, please email a little bit about yourself and your related experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The national development team is seeking two energetic coordinators to provide support with current sponsor relations and to assist with securing new ones. Attention to detail and a fun, proactive attitude are a must!
- Assists the National Director of Development with overall annual goals and plans as well as helps brainstorm ways for improvement.
- Helps ensure sponsor benefits are fulfilled and tracked accordingly.
- Helps maintain sponsor database updated.
- Acts as liaison with other CMA teams as needed.
- Researches prospective sponsors.
- Provides support in drafting and creating sponsor updates and related documents (power points, thank-you letters, and other personalized communications.)
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to support our current and new sponsors, bring fresh ideas to the table and interact with all of CMA’s teams!
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications in order to increase the organization’s visibility, promote events, and grow the membership base at large.
- Work with the marketing/communications and events programming teams to engage and foster a sense of community within the membership base.
- Draft and schedule social copy across CMA’s digital channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) for all monthly events, special promotions, discount offers, etc., and serve as a general point person for these digital channels.
- Live tweet events.
- Work with the marketing/communications and events programming teams to engage and foster a sense of community within the membership base, and provide live tweeting during events when possible.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Director to assemble a draft of the monthly newsletter.
Bay Area Digital Coordinator
We are looking for a Digital Coordinator to support our marketing and comms efforts. This is a terrific role for someone who is able to give 5-7 hours a month, working remotely, to create and send out invites, event registrations, and other communications and to ensure our calendar/ web presence is up-to-date. Familiarity with the backend of web design — or interest in learning it! — is needed for this role. Graphic design is a plus but not critical.
The volunteer will report to our Director of Marketing, Rana DiOrio. Robust training will be provided in our event/ communication system by our Director of Membership, Ben Miller. This is a terrific opportunity for someone looking to add new skills and a wonderful network to their professional journey.
Bay Area Events Coordinator
Opening for 1-2 Event Coordinators for the Bay Area Chapter of CMA. Responsibilities include:
- Support the Events Director with 6-8 events each year at which members of the children’s media industry can come learn about new programs and research involving education and digital technology, and can exchange ideas, socialize, and network.
- Project manage event operations and execution.
- Serve as liaison with others in the CMA team in support of events.
- Brainstorm and develop topics, potential speakers, or other options for engaging remote programming.
Given our remote work reality, you do not have to be located in the Bay Area!
As all events, meetings, and activities currently are running virtually we welcome anyone interested in volunteering regardless of location. If interested in any position, please email a little bit about yourself and your related experience to: email@example.com. Thank you!